ℹ️ Updated: June 23, 2023
To understand how we gather and utilize training information for the development of our language models that power ChatGPT and other Services, and to know your choices regarding that information, please refer to this help center article.
1. Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information that relates to you (“Personal Information”) in the following ways:
Information You Provide:
We gather Personal Information when you create an account for our Services or interact with us:
We collect information associated with your account, including your name, contact information, account credentials, payment card information, and transaction history, termed as "Account Information."
We collect Personal Information included in the input, file uploads, or feedback that you provide to our Services ("Content").Communication Data: If you interact with us, we collect your name, contact details, and the content of any messages you send, referred to as "Communication Information."
Social Media Details:
We maintain pages on social media platforms like Google, Gmail, Discord, Github, Instagram, Facebook, Medium, Twitter, YouTube, Microsoft and LinkedIn. When you engage with our social media pages, we collect Personal Information that you choose to provide to us, such as your contact details ("Social Information"). Additionally, the companies hosting our social media pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding our social media activity.Information We Receive Automatically: When you visit, use, or interact with our Services, we receive information about your visit, use, or interactions, known as "Technical Information":
Information that your browser automatically sends when you use our Services. This includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interact with our website.Usage Data: We may automatically gather information about your usage of the Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, your time zone, country, dates and times of access, user agent and version, type of computer or mobile device, and your computer connection.Device Information: Includes the device's name, operating system, device identifiers, and the browser you are using. The collected information may vary depending on the type of device you use and its settings.
- To provide, administer, maintain, and/or analyze the Services.
- To improve our Services and conduct research.
- To communicate with you.
- To develop new programs and services.
- To enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others.
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements, and to respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal processes.
2. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information in the following situations:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To our contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our Services.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
3. Disclosure of personal information
To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- Security of Personal InformationWe use various security measures to protect your Personal Information. These measures include technical, administrative, and physical security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification.
- Children’s PrivacyOur Services are not directed towards children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not use our Services or provide us with any personal information.
4. Your Rights
Depending on your location, individuals in the EEA, the UK, and globally may have certain legal rights with regard to their Personal Information. These rights may include:
- Access to your Personal Information and information regarding how it is processed.
- The ability to delete your Personal Information from our records.
- The ability to rectify or update your Personal Information.
- The ability to transfer your Personal Information to a third party (also known as data portability).
- The ability to restrict how we process your Personal Information.
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time, if we rely on consent as the legal basis for processing.
- The right to object to how we process your Personal Information.
- The ability to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
- Some of these rights can be exercised through your Promptify account. If you're unable to exercise your rights through your account, please direct your request to our designated email.
A Note on Accuracy: Services like ours generate responses by interpreting a user's request and predicting the words most likely to appear next. In certain cases, the words most likely to appear next may not be the most factually accurate. Therefore, you shouldn't rely on the factual accuracy of our model outputs. If you notice any factual inaccuracies about you in the model outputs and would like us to correct them, you may submit a correction request to our designated email. Due to the technical complexity of our models, we might not always be able to correct inaccuracies. In such cases, you may request that we remove your Personal Information from the model's output by completing a specific form.
For information on exercising your rights in relation to data we've collected from the internet to train our models, please refer to this help center article.
5. Additional Disclosures for U.S. States
The following table offers more details about the categories of Personal Information we gather and how we disclose that information. You can find further information about the Personal Information we collect in the section "Personal Information We Collect" above, our use of Personal Information in the "How We Use Personal Information" section above, and our retention of Personal Information in the "Security and Retention" section below.
Category of Personal InformationDisclosure of Personal InformationIdentifiers, such as your name, contact details, IP address, and other device identifiersWe disclose this information to our affiliates, vendors and service providers, law enforcement, and parties involved in Transactions.Commercial Information, such as your transaction historyWe disclose this information to our affiliates, vendors and service providers, law enforcement, and parties involved in Transactions.Network Activity Information, such as Content and how you interact with our ServicesWe disclose this information to our affiliates, vendors and service providers, law enforcement, and parties involved in Transactions.Geolocation DataWe disclose this information to our affiliates, vendors and service providers, law enforcement, and parties involved in Transactions.Your account login credentials and payment card information (Sensitive Personal Information)We disclose this information to our affiliates, vendors and service providers, law enforcement, and parties involved in Transactions.
As a response to local regulations and in accordance with relevant exceptions, individuals can exercise the following privacy rights in relation to their Personal Information when using Promptify.com:
- You have the right to know how we process your Personal Information, and to access the specific pieces of Personal Information we've collected from you;
- You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information;
- You have the right to correct any inaccuracies in your Personal Information; and
- You have the right to not be discriminated against when exercising any of your privacy rights.
- At Promptify LLC, we don't "sell" Personal Information or "share" Personal Information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising (in compliance with definitions under local law). Furthermore, we don't process sensitive Personal Information to infer characteristics about a user.
How to Exercise Your Rights: To exercise the privacy rights outlined above, you can submit a request to email@example.com, provided these rights apply under local law.
We may ask you to verify your credentials to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, alteration, or deletion. This verification will be necessary when submitting a request to access, correct, or delete Personal Information. If you don't have an account with us, or if we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity, we may request additional Personal Information and proof of residency for verification purposes. If we cannot verify your identity, we may be unable to fulfill your request.
You may also choose to submit a rights request through an authorized agent. In such cases, the agent must provide signed written permission to act on your behalf. You may also be required to verify your identity independently and submit proof of residency with us. Requests via authorized agents can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Depending on your location, you may have the right to appeal our decision relating to requests to exercise your rights under local law. To appeal a decision, please send your request to email@example.com.
Our services at Promptify.com are not aimed at children under the age of 13. Promptify LLC does not intentionally collect Personal Information from children below this age. If you believe a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information via our services, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will look into any such cases and, if necessary, remove the Personal Information from our systems. If you are aged 13 or above but under 18, you must obtain consent from your parent or guardian to use our services.
7. Links to Other Websites
8. Security and Retention
We adopt commercially reasonable measures - technical, administrative, and organizational - to safeguard Personal Information online and offline against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction. However, remember that no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. Hence, take special care when deciding what information you send us via the Service or email. We can't be held responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures in the Service or third-party websites.
We retain your Personal Information only as long as necessary to provide our Service, or for other valid business purposes such as resolving disputes, ensuring safety and security, or complying with legal obligations. The length of retention depends on several factors, including the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, our processing purpose, and any legal requirements.
9. International Users
By using our Service, you understand and accept that your Personal Information will be processed and stored in our facilities and servers in the United States and may be disclosed to our service providers and affiliates in other jurisdictions.
For EEA, UK, or Swiss users:
Legal Basis for Processing. Our legal bases for processing your Personal Information include:
- Performance of a contract with you when we provide and maintain our Services. This includes processing Account Information, Content, and Technical Information solely to provide our Services. If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to provide our Services to you.
- Our legitimate interests in protecting our Services from abuse, fraud, or security risks, or in developing, improving, or promoting our Services, including when we train our models. This may include the processing of Account Information, Content, Social Information, and Technical Information.
- Your consent when we ask for your consent to process your Personal Information for a specific purpose. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Compliance with our legal obligations when we use your Personal Information to comply with applicable law or protect our rights, safety, and property or those of our affiliates, users, or third parties.
EEA and UK Representative: We have appointed representatives in the EEA and UK for data protection matters. You can contact them at email@example.com.
As needed, we'll use appropriate safeguards for transferring Personal Information outside of the EEA, Switzerland, and the UK. We will only transfer Personal Information using a legally valid transfer mechanism. For more details on these safeguards and to get a copy of them, please contact us at the provided contact details.
For the purposes of the UK and EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the data controller is Promptify LLC.
Data Protection Officer:
You can reach out to our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding matters related to Personal Information processing.
11. How to Contact Us